As the name, face makeup primer used as the basis of the makeup. It is used before foundation-concealer-loose powder. What is the use of that Face Primer?
- It can smooth your skin, prep your skin to get the perfect makeup
- Makes the foundation stay perfect on your skin
- To shrink pores
- So that makeup is more durable, stay long on your face
Do we need a face primer before makeup? I can say YES. Why? Because it's can also protect your skin from the foundation's ingredients. We can't deny that Foundation has a heavy ingredients no matter how advanced the technology while making it. Because, the main function of foundation is to cover our face from all the imperfection (Like dark spot, wrinkles, pimples, etc). So, it's not possible that the foundation's ingredients is more heavier than the other (powder, blush on, lipstick, etc)
So, here's my Holly Grail Face Primer...
Loreal Base Magique
After i blend it... Look the differences between both of 'em.. With Base area is more smooth and less pore/lines.
- Its texture is thick. It's a bit hard to blend at first, then it will blend well.
- Its texture is similar like silicone base (like Monistant Primer, MUFE All Matt, Smashbox, etc), but it's more light and dont make the skin break out.
- The scent is not strong, so it's good for sensitive skin
- It makes the foundation glides easier on my face.
- It can shrink my big pores, so it looks flawless at the end.
- Make my makeup stay longer and still smooth after 5hours.
- The packaging is bulky and made from glass. So it's fragile, heavy, and not traveling friendly.
Will i repurchase this again? Yes! but i think it'll take a long time to spend one jar... ^_^
Price: IDR149.500 in Dept Store (for about $17)